JESUS
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Is Islam really a peaceful religion?

2 posters

Go down

Is Islam really a peaceful religion? Empty Is Islam really a peaceful religion?

Post by Admin Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:25 am

Engelsk artikkel som omhandler islam. Undertegnede vil også anbefale deg å søke opp nettstedet til organisasjonen 'Forum mot islamisering'. P.S. Jesus elsker alle, inkludert muslimer!!!

Is Islam Really A Peaceful Religion? - What The Koran Says
By Diana Holbourn
After the terrorist atrocities on September 11th 2001, some Muslims were understandably protesting that real Islam is a tolerant and peaceful religion. But is it? ...

Engelsk artikkel som omhandler islam. Undertegnede vil også anbefale deg å søke opp nettstedet til organisasjonen 'Forum mot islamisering'. P.S. Jesus elsker alle, inkludert muslimer!!!

Is Islam Really A Peaceful Religion? - What The Koran Says
By Diana Holbourn
After the terrorist atrocities on September 11th 2001, some Muslims were understandably protesting that real Islam is a tolerant and peaceful religion. But is it? ...

This article gives insights into the reasons why many Muslims hate America and why some become terrorists. It concludes that in order to win the war on terror permanently, Islam itself must be combated, because it incites its followers to violence. Anyone who thinks that America can win the war on terror merely by eliminating the people who currently pose the greatest threat is mistaken, because the main Muslim holy book will ensure more recruits to the fundamentalist Islamic cause. This article suggests a humane way of reducing the number of Muslims available to be recruited into terrorist organisations. It argues that this should be done both by lobbying Western politicians to campaign for freedom of religion and freedom of the press in Muslim countries so that the truth of Islam can be freely questioned there, and by presenting reasoned arguments to Muslims in the West that will hopefully dissuade them from following Islam, by persuading them that it is a false religion. To illustrate the need to challenge Islam itself, the article quotes a number of passages from the Koran that could incite Muslims to violence against non-Muslims. It also compares the Koran with the Bible, in order to point out flaws in Islam and some arguments that may help to cast doubt on the truth of the religion.

If after reading the passages from the Koran that urge Muslims to violence, you feel strongly about the need to dissuade people from committing violent acts in the name of Islam, please read A Way Of Reducing Terrorism And a Request For Action.

Important notice: This article is not intended to incite violence against Muslims. It does not advocate violence against Muslims, and I sincerely hope that no one is motivated to do anything violent because of it. Anyone who commits a violent act against people just because they're Muslims may be targeting peace-loving people who disapprove of terrorism. Or they may even make some people more likely to want to be recruited into terrorist organisations, because they may make them feel bitter and resentful towards Westerners.

Note
All links open in a new window so you will not lose the flow of the text. The links to the Koran open at the top of the chapter and you will need to scroll down to the appropriate verse; however the links to the Bible passages will open at the relevant verses. This is because they are external sites and beyond our control.

Introduction To The Koran
The question of whether Islam really is a peaceful religion or whether it does in fact incite Muslims to violence made me decide to read the Koran. While doing so, I discovered that it commands Muslims several times to go to war and kill unbelievers. I also noted other controversial features and things of interest.

It seems to me that Islam is a religion which motivates its followers to obey its commands by instilling the fear of the fire of hell into them. The Koran repeatedly warns of Allah's punishment on the disobedient and those who disbelieve what it says. It's very repetitive! Most of the chapters have deceptively innocent-sounding titles, like The Cow, The Bee, and The Dinner Table, - the sometimes sickening and in parts warlike content of the longer ones often bearing little relation to what they're called!

Having said that the Koran can be unpleasant, it often says that Allah is merciful and forgiving, and in a few places it advises that any Muslim who wants forgiveness should pray, and as long as they are sincere in wanting to turn away from the sins they want forgiveness for, then Allah will forgive them. The Koran often tells people to do good and be kind to the poor, and in one or two chapters it instructs people not to slander others, not to oppress other believers, and to be prayerful, as well as saying that anyone who forgives others will have a reward from Allah. These things are obviously to be commended. It says that murder is wrong, except in the cause of justice. (See Chapter 25 Verse 68)

The Koran says that people who do good and who believe in the judgment day and in the truth of its teaching will have a reward in the afterlife, entering gardens where rivers flow, where they can experience things that one would expect to find in someone's idea of a worldly paradise - pure and exotic drinks, a plentiful supply of fruit and meat, fine-looking youths who never age waiting on them, clothes of thick silk to wear, and pure virgins as brides, with eyes only for them. However, those who do not believe the Koran and/or who speak against Islam, and those who do not do good, will end up in hell, which is a gruesome place! (All the verses that say these things can easily be found using a search facility on the internet. A site where you can search the Koran is linked to below.)

The Koran continually condemns people who don't believe it, especially in most of the first forty or so chapters, and repeats over and over again that they will end up in hell, as well as stating often that those who do not do good will go there. Whereas the Bible also states in various places that the wicked will go to hell and that people who refuse to accept Jesus cannot be saved and come to God, the New Testament mainly consists of constructive advice and information about God/Jesus, and the Old Testament is mainly an account of how it says God has intervened in history. However, it may not be an exaggeration to say that condemnations of unbelievers and warnings that they will go to hell are the main feature of the Koran! To find out how tolerant Islam really is, Read Chapter 9. And if, somehow, you're still not convinced, Read Chapter 3.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Most of the Koran seems to consist of negative criticism and warnings of damnation for people for various reasons - mainly for not believing the Koran. This is likely to incite negative feelings towards people who don't believe it. After reading several chapters, it becomes understandable that some Muslims should be extremely antagonistic towards and concerned about foreigners with other beliefs who behave in ways forbidden by the Koran - drinking, gambling and being promiscuous - staying in Muslim countries, because of fears that they will corrupt Muslims and so deprive them of a reward in the afterlife and cause them to be sent to a gruesome hell. Furthermore, the Koran could be so frightening and depressing to some followers of Islam that they may think it's far easier to die for the cause of Allah and go straight to paradise as the Koran promises they will (see references below) than to spend the whole of their lives worrying that they may not be doing enough good or obeying Islam strictly enough to get there. There is even a warning in the Koran that anyone who raised their voice in the presence of the "prophet" would be in danger of having all their good deeds nullified by Allah! (See Chapter 49 Verse 2) This would mean that their good deeds would not help them get to paradise on Judgment Day, so they would be sent to hell. For an example of the working of this principle, (See Chapter 18 Verses 103-108)

On the other hand, people who feel oppressed or deprived could find satisfaction in Islam, because of the Koran's descriptions of the good things to come for those who do Allah's will and fight and die for Allah, and because of its constant threats of Allah's final retribution against adversaries and evil-doers, and its warnings of hell fire for those who have spent their lives enjoying the good things of this world without caring about giving to the poor and obeying Allah's other commands out of concern for their fate on the judgment day and in the afterlife.

What The Koran Says About The Bible
I can prove that Islam is not worth fighting to spread, and that Allah is not worth dying to be with. Anyone who fights or dies for Allah is making a big mistake.
The purpose of this section is partly to put doubts about the truth of Islam into the minds of people who want to fight for it, and to give other people ideas about how to put doubts into the minds of other people who might think it's worth fighting for. I'm not saying in this article that I think people ought to be forced to stop believing in Islam. I don't think that. And I'm not saying that I think people ought to argue aggressively with Muslims to try to stop them believing in islam. That would be counterproductive, because they'd just stop listening. What I am saying is that people ought to reason with Muslims who have the potential to be recruited into terrorist organisations because of the teaching of Islam in a calm and sensible manner, in order to put doubts about the truth of Islam into their minds, so they will be dissuaded from doing anything violent in the name of it.

Muslims who have difficulty with Christian teaching or who would like to know more about Christianity should visit another website, where the questions Muslims often ask about Christianity are explained. This is done in a friendly manner - no mention of terrorism or bad things in the Koran! :-) To go there, visit Muslim Questions About Christianity.

Read more:
http://www.mamut.net/lode/subdet10.htm

Give a comment ? press reply
Admin
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 250
Job/hobbies : Fishing,and "fishing",make peace,help ppl.
Humor : yes,all different.Dont worry just tell..
Registration date : 2007-12-30

http://www.forumportalen.com

Back to top Go down

Is Islam really a peaceful religion? Empty Re: Is Islam really a peaceful religion?

Post by Angelgirl Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:24 am

In my opinion, any religion that promotes violence in any way, is not of any LOVING God. I would rather have mercy, love , forgiveness and peace with Jesus Christ. Yes, he asks us to obey, but everything he asks of us only produces good to others. We are not to take lives nor render judgement, for that is in the Hands of the Great I AM. If a religion promotes intolerance, hatred, war, murder, suicide, works, recruiting children, and other abominations, this is NOT the god I want to serve. My Creator is full of mercy and love. Make no mistake, there WILL come a day that those who believed Him not, will wish they did and then it will be too late.
My Father has given me so many beauthiful gifts. He meets all my needs and I have to do nothing but pray and watch Him work. He won`t work without faith in Him. It doesn`t take much to have the loving God that I do.
The Koran is apparently under the mistaken impression that there will be sex to gain in heaven. Delusional! There will be no male nor female. There is no gender in the spirit world. You won`t have the same humanly feelings in heaven as on earth. Jesus Christ gave His life so that ALL may live thru HIM. He is a very loving Savior. Give Jesus a chance in your life today. If you don`t like what He is, change back but I challenge you that once you get a taste of the Lord, you`ll never want to let Him go!
Angelgirl
Angelgirl

Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Retired/Disabled Medical Professional
Humor : A lttle dry
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Is Islam really a peaceful religion? Empty GOD LOVE ALSO MUSLIM PEOPLE

Post by Admin Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:39 am

God love also Muslime people but can they accept "salvation" forgive?

I have collect some interest comments on this website,and you can come back here and comment it.

http://www.stepin.as/meeting/utstyr/heaven40.htm

http://www.stepin.as/meeting/utstyr/heaven41.htm

When I open this forum I really dont know what Jesus mean,but recieve Jesus like your personal savior its "deep" meaning.God give us a oportunites to start a new life,and be protected in the future.

Who can say no to that..
Only people who dont know Jesus,like he is..

God bless you
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Is Islam really a peaceful religion? Empty Re: Is Islam really a peaceful religion?

Post by Angelgirl Thu Mar 27, 2008 1:01 pm

God loves EVERYBODY and is willing for NONE to perish. But, we must believe that the Lord Jesus died for our sins and Muslims don`t believe that Jesus is the Son of God. The Word plainly tells us what we must do and the choice is ours to make. That doesn`t mean I don`t love them and pray for them. I wish all could know the peace and love I carry with me. God put it there. I have a true HEART knowledge of the Lord. He is awesome and many might think this funny or not true, but, He talks to me. We converse all the time. I hear His voice and it`s beautiful.
Angelgirl
Angelgirl

Number of posts : 46
Job/hobbies : Retired/Disabled Medical Professional
Humor : A lttle dry
Registration date : 2008-02-09

Back to top Go down

Post by Admin Fri Mar 28, 2008 2:37 am

Ihave many friend who are muslim,last day I talk with a woman.She was muslim and she told me,she have many times been in the church and here own kids choice free,and that is real good.

But like she say,let us respect eace other,give people freedom to choice.She have growing up under Islam,and I understand here..its difficult step for a older person.. many thing in here head.But she was open,and let also her kids choice free.

Another thing I have see the last time,in the library are many young boys who searching Islam info,but no women?
Maybe its cause Jesus give love,and woman searching love more than the boys?

Special now when we have the "cartoon" problem in Denmark,and people whant to fight..and its tuff for boys to tell about how they figth...

Jesus is the key for us( salvation,forgiveness,protecting,savior,peace,love....) when people understand this,they will recieve Jesus.

Take care and have a nice week my dear sister.

God bless you

Admin
Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down